Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am such a slacker.....

  I am a rather terrible blogger as I never seem to do regular posts. But our lives are so average! I have to wait for something exciting to happen to have the urge to blog. lol who wants to read how my grocery shop went or how much laundry I have to put away?? I don't even want write about those things!! 
 Good thing I have news to blog about. :) Not amazing, fall off you chair news. But news none the less. As you may have noticed on FB, Steve is promoting his Multimedia business again. I know he can do, I just had to give him that little push (basically I get everything organized and make him do it! lol)..anyways he is getting that back up and running...he does all the graphic design bits for business cards, logos, etc and he also does Video Production...which is pretty cool because this means he can do like commercials and music videos, things like that. So I was thinking of ways I can contribute to this effort....I mean he does all the hard stuff! So I thought well I will handle scheduling, billing, etc. And then I was like okay that is kinda boring so what am I good at doing? 
  I asked the hubs and he told me I was good at organizing and cleaning...lol he obviously hasn't spent enough time with my mother to realize that I am not even sub-par!! But while that gave me a good laugh, I did brainstorm about what I enjoy doing...and what I am good at. And I thought back to something that has really given me pleasure for a few years, although I don't know how great I am...but photography. 
 All kinds of photography...people..pets..bands..landscape..pretty much anything. I am not picky. However I know I am not good at the abstract stuff. In fact I suck at that! But that doesn't matter! So I asked Steve...well really TOLD Steve...that now I was gonna tag a long. :) He was fine with that...I have to do a refresher in Photoshop because it has seriously been years since I used it, but I know I could pick it up quickly.
  I really want to do this...and I know it would be something I love. So I really hope it picks up in Bendigo...there isn't much in the ways of photographers for families, engagements, etc here in Bendigo..at least not that I have found. Fingers crossed that word of mouth helps me out..and maybe a little advertising...I am really looking forward to it! 
  As for Steve, he is slowly getting back in to a groove. I know it must be hard because he leaves for the farm so early and works hard all day, I know he comes home and just wants to have a nap, or just relax...not go work some more...but he does, bless his heart. 
  Among all this, I have almost convinced my mom to come out for a visit! I know she hates flying...and this is pretty much the longest plane journey in the world you can make! But I would love it if my family could come visit! I know Mom will probably have to come by herself as she can't bring everyone, and she can't bring Dad and leave the kids alone...but that's okay...and I am hoping that next year Steve and I can go back for a visit in the summertime there and maybe do Disney or something. Who knows...we can dream big, with a big hole in the pocketbook! 
 I am ready for nicer weather. It is getting colder it seems! No more nice days, and the sun rarely comes out, which makes it worse.  Winter is just so depressing! 
 Our landlord has told us that we most certainly are never having pets in this house, because they don't believe in having animals inside. I guess they think it is cruel...but it isn't like I want to bring a cow in the house...it is a tiny little poodle! Oh well...there is nothing I can say or do to change their minds. I was really hoping they would say yes, because I could really do with a warm little friend to have home with me during the days when Steve is working, to talk to, cuddle with and something that needs walking so that it makes me get out and walk too. I don't see us finding another rental this cheap so I doubt we will move when our lease is up....so we are stuck for awhile...there aren't many rentals out there that are open to pets anyways. It is very sad. 
 Tax time is here in Australia. So we are gathering all the paperwork we need. I am looking forward to getting our refunds because then we can get new tires on the car! lol Nothing exciting for most people but pretty much the highlight of the month in our house!! Looking forward to having a little dough to put aside into savings. 
  Ashley is getting married in only a few short months. I am soooo sad I can't go! I had a dream last night that I showed up to surprise her, which would be SOOOOO awesome! I wish I could make it happen! I miss my best friend! It is hard with her having two kids (they keep her busy), and the time zone difference (she is asleep when I am awake lol) to keep in touch...I miss those weekends when I would just call her up and say I am coming to stay! And boom two hours later, we were having a good ole time! Those were some good ole days...but I know we really are the best of friends because even though we don't see each other ever(!!!) and we actually talk rarely, (I don't count FB chat) we are still so close...and I can call her up and it is like nothing has changed. I love it! 
 I miss having my girls nights. Just a chick flick, and bf (now hubby) talk, makeup and hair tips....you know just being girlie. And while I might be too old for sleepovers (Idk if anyone is really too old lol) I miss having girlfriends. Every woman needs her girlfriends...well I am okay if I had at least one! lol But really....the hubby is my best friend...but so is Ashley...it is kinda like two different types of best friend....I don't know how to explain it. But I want a girlfriend to meet up for lunch, or go window shopping with, maybe even catch the chick flick that Steve has zero desire to pay money for lol or even someone to call up for a chat every so often. With out my family here, and every single friend I have thousands of miles away...and Steve working 40 hours a week...makes for a rather lonely existence. (another reason why I was heart broken when I couldn't get through to our landlord about one dog) I must have a sign across my forehead that says terrible friend (although I think I am a great friend! ask Ashley!) because I just don't think it is for my lack of trying. Unless people here don't like being friends with the fat chick. Idk. It just gets me down sometimes....especially when I am stuck at home...and the winter blues are set it! Okay enough Debbie Downer!!
 Like I said I am extremely ready for much nicer weather!! This was supposed to be a short happy post but I guess I needed to get things off my chest...which was kinda the point of starting the blog..that and updating my family in a more convenient manner. I would really appreciate prayers to help Steve and I really get the business off the ground and running like a nice, oiled machine! I am so looking forward to it all, and would be shattered if it didn't work out. Off to put away that laundry I didn't want to talk about. yay me! 

Love
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment