Since we have been in Australia and I have been with out a steady source of such vices as Sun Drop or Dr. Pepper....I have had to replace my caffeine addiction (as lots of soda here is caffeine free unless other wise stated) with something...well shocking to me to say the least...Diet Coke! Who would have thought! I hated Diet Coke at home...and I don't really enjoy it that much more here...in fact sometimes when I ask Steve to bring me a drink I will ask for a Dr Pepper....but mean Diet Coke. It is a mental thing I think...I keep telling myself that I am drinking Dr Pepper...and it starts to taste like it!! Lol sad huh? Now to the dilemma part...I have never had so much artificial sweeter in my life...and then the past few months...I have been chugging a 30 pack of Diet Coke cans in about a week and a half sometimes sooner!! I ended up pretty much cutting all other forms of liquid out of my diet...not on purpose it just ended up that way....
Well I recently started feeling really crummy....I mean more than exhausted...more than a headache or more than a tummy ache...I just couldn't get out of bed hardly. Then it dawned on me...it might be the Coke...not the drug but the drink! So the past few days I have been on Diet Coke detox! And man is it hard!! I have gone from drinking about 7 to 10 cans a day to just two today but my max allowed is 3. I have had to put some milk back into my diet as well as plenty of water....already I could feel a difference in my level of tiredness this morning. Even though I had to take Steve to work and then get back up for church a couple hours later...I was able to pretty much pull myself out of bed and get dressed with wanting to throw up or feeling like I was going to pass out from exhaustion...I think also part of this is lower caffeine levels...which may be helping me sleep better...although I don't know if I was sleeping bad before...I didn't wake up a lot and Steve hasn't mentioned any sleepwalking or talking. But who knows...maybe I wasn't in a deep enough restful sleep.
So it is only day 3 of my detox and so far so good...eventually I wanna ween myself down to none....and treat myself with REAL Dr Pepper ever so often...since it is full of at least real sugar...which is not good for you either but has never made me feel the way the artificial sweetner junk has. Hopefully I can do it!! I do love my caffeine!! So fingers crossed!!
Hope your detox is still going well! That is an awful lot to be drinking a day! I am an ice water girl myself....I made Uncle Chris give up his Pepsi addiction when we were engaged. Two 2-liters a day was not okay with me!
ReplyDelete